Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders: Easy Cheesy Recipe
Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders are beefy, cheesy, and perfect for sharing! They’re so easy to make, always a crowd pleasing party food, and great for family meals or even as a meal prep!
What Are Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders?
These cheeseburger sliders are beefy and cheesy with just the perfect amount of sweetness from fluffy Hawaiian rolls.
They are perfect for sharing and really easy to make for get-togethers when you’ve got a crowd to feed.
Everyone loves a classic cheeseburger and these Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders are definitely a crowd pleaser!
Unlike regular burgers, you won’t even need to touch raw meat or spend time forming individual patties.
This is an easy dump and bake recipe. You can even prep this ahead of time and quickly bake whenever you’re ready to eat.
If you need a quick and easy party food, game day snack, family dinner idea, or even a meal-prep, you’ll want save this recipe for Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders!
Ingredients for Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders
Before you begin making the sliders, gather the following ingredients:
- Hawaiian Rolls: Might be a hot take but I think Hawaiian rolls are the best kind of bread for hamburger buns! My favorite brand is King’s Hawaiian. They’re fluffy and add just a perfect touch of sweetness.
- Beef: For classic cheeseburgers you’ll need ground beef. I recommend a ratio of 80% lean to 20% fat so that it’s nice and juicy and not too try. However, if you want to make it healthier you could use a 90% lean to 10% or ground meat like chicken or turkey.
- Cheese: Feel free to use whatever kind and amount of cheese you like. If you want that drool-worthy cheese pull, use cheeses with high moisture content. I’m using jalapeño jack and cheddar cheese and recommend 12 standard size slices.
- Seasonings: My favorite all purpose seasoning but especially for burgers is Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning. It is a blend of salt and a bunch of different spices that’s a little bit spicy and adds a whole lot of flavor!
- Aromatics: Yellow onion and garlic just make everything smell and taste better!
- Butter: Butter helps with browning the rolls and makes it taste even richer.
- Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds add a nutty flavor and texture to the rolls to mimic those classic hamburger buns.
RELATED: HOW TO MAKE CARNE ASADA NACHOS
How to Make Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders
These Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders are seriously so easy to make and take just 30 mintutes!
I will walk you though this recipe step-by-step and give you my tips so you can easily make it at home.
As always, there is a recipe card at the end that you can print out, pin to Pinterest, or save for later.
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
Start by turning on the oven and preheating it to 350℉.
Step 2: Cook the Beef
While the oven is preheating, in a pan on medium heat, add ground beef, onions, garlic, and Tony’s seasoning.
Break up the meat with a wooden spatula or cooking utensil.
Cook until it is no longer pink and browned to your liking. Then turn off the stove. Drain and discard the excess fat.
Once it is cooked all the way through, give it a taste test, and adjust the amount of seasoning to your liking.
Step 3: Cut the Hawaiian Rolls
After the meat is cooked, prep the Hawaiian rolls for assembly.
Remove a 12 pack of Hawaiian rolls from the packaging.
Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half horizontally to separate the tops from the bottoms.
All 12 of the rolls should remain attached to each other.
Step 4: Assemble the Cheeseburger Sliders
Next, start assembling the Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders.
Place the bottom half of the rolls into a 9 x 13 casserole or baking dish.
Add a layer of cheese to the roll bottoms, then the cooked ground beef mixture, and another layer of cheese.
Lastly place the top half of the rolls on top.
I like to layer in this order so that the meat and bread are equally surrounded in cheese on both sides.
RELATED: HOW TO MAKE EASY FISH SAUCE WINGS
Step 6: Top the Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders
For the finishing touch, brush the rolls with melted butter.
Finally, top with an even sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Step 5: Bake Cheeseburger Sliders In Oven
Once everything is assembled, place the cheeseburger sliders in oven.
Bake at 350℉ for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melty and the rolls are golden and toasty.
How to Serve Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders
You can serve the cheeseburger sliders in the baking dish or place it on a large tray or board.
If you want to have that satisfying cheese pull moment, do not cut the Hawaiian rolls into 12 individual sliders, leave it whole, and serve immediately hot out of the oven.
The rolls have little indentations so it is easy to pull each slider apart.
If serving these Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders as a meal or entree, I recommend 3 sliders per person or serving.
I also like to create a build your own slider bar with various toppings and condiments.
This way, everyone can create their own perfect burger!
You can do classic pairings or non-traditional combinations. Some ideas include:
- Classic burger toppings
- lettuce – whole leaf or chopped
- tomato slices
- pickle spears or slices
- caramelized onions
- Non-traditional burger toppings
- spicy mayo
- pickled veggies
- grilled pineapple
Can You Make Sliders Ahead of Time?
You can most definitely prep these Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders hours or even a day before if you’ve got a busy schedule coming up.
After assembling the sliders, instead of placing them into the oven, place a lid on the casserole dish or saran wrap it and store in the fridge.
Whenever you’re ready to serve and eat, remove the lid or saran wrap, and bake.
You may need to add a couple extra minutes to the baking time since the sliders will be cold.
What to Serve with Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders
Cheeseburger sliders are great as a snack, meal, or part of larger spread. Here some dishes that will go perfectly with it!
Storage & Leftovers
If you have any leftovers, store the Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders in a sealed container, without any sauces or toppings, in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
The longer you store, the more the Hawaiian rolls will dry out.
To reheat, an air fryer, small toaster oven, or regular oven will be the best to recreate that warm toasty texture.
However if you’re in a pinch, you can quickly heat it in the microwave. Be careful not to microwave for too long because that will dry out the cheeseburger sliders.
Save This Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe!
This Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders recipe is seriously so easy and quick to throw together!
Whether you’re making this for a get-together, family meal, or meal-prep, you’ll have something so satisfying and delicious to eat in just 30 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
If you try this or have any questions please leave a rating and comment below!
I’d love feedback and to know what you think!
Did you make this recipe? I would love to see! Tag me on IG @feedmi_ or TikTok @feedmi
Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 slices jalapeño jack cheese
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- In a pan, brown ground beef with onions, garlic, and Tony's seasoning. Once the meat is cooked, taste test, and adjust seasoning to your liking. Turn off the stove. Drain and discard the excess fat.
- Cut Hawaiian rolls in half horizontally to separate the tops from the bottoms.
- Place the bottom of the rolls into a casserole or baking dish. Add a layer of cheese, the ground beef, another layer of cheese, and then the tops of the rolls.
- Brush butter onto the rolls and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake at 350℉ for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melty and the rolls are golden and toasty.
- Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, sauces, condiments, and enjoy!