How to Make a Sushi Bowl: Easy, Colorful, and Requires No Stove
Let’s make a delicious Sushi Bowl
I could eat this sushi bowl every day and not get tired of it. Super easy to make and requires no stove! Although I must admit, it usually never looks this pretty. I typically just throw smoked salmon and whatever veggies I feel like cutting up into a bowl over rice. It satisfies my sushi craving every time without the hefty price tag of a restaurant or the technical skill of a sushi chef!
We bought a home at the end of 2020 and did some major kitchen renovations before moving in which meant lots of long days and late nights with no working stove. I basically lived off of this Sushi Bowl for a couple of months and am still not tired of them!
Build Your Own Bowl
White rice can be made in a rice cooker. Just plug it into the wall, press cook, and it automatically shuts off when the rice is done. If you haven’t invested in a rice cooker yet, DO IT! It is so worth it!
Instant microwaveable rice can also be used in a pinch. If you want to be extra fancy you can season the rice with some vinegar, sugar, and salt to make it like sushi rice but I personally prefer just plain white rice.
RELATED: Pitaya Smoothie Bowl
As far as toppings go, this recipe includes my favorites but really you can omit or add whatever your heart desires. My day-to-day Sushi Bowl is generally not this pretty but tastes just as good! I usually just throw smoked salmon and whatever veggies I feel like cutting up into a bowl of rice and call it a day.
My absolute favorite thing to do is eat it with roasted seaweed paper and make my own little hand rolls. I do this whenever I get poké or chirashi bowls for takeout too! It takes it to the next level for me so roasted seaweed is definitely a pantry staple of mine.
RELATED: One Pot Jambalaya
My Favorite Brands for this Recipe
- Smoked Salmon | Kirkland Signature from Costco | link
- Imitation Crab | Great Catch from HEB | link
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning | Trader Joe’s | link
Did you make this recipe? I would love to see! Tag me on Instagram @feedmi_
- rice cooker
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 10 bite-sized slices of smoked salmon
- 3 sticks of imitation crab
- 1 tbs mayo
- ¼ tbs sriracha
- 1 carrot
- 10 slices of cucumber
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup seaweed salad
- ¼ tsp everything but the bagel seasoning or sesame seeds
- 1 green onion
SERVE WITH (OPTIONAL):
- roasted seaweed paper
- soy sauce
- Add 1 cup rice and 2 cups water into a rice cooker. Press cook.
- Thinly slice carrot, cucumber, and green onion
- Chop and shred imitation crab sticks
- In a bowl combine crab, mayo, and sriracha. Adjust to taste.
- Cut avocado in half and thinly slice. Push the slices into a straight line and carefully shape into a circle to create an avocado flower.
BUILD THE BOWL
- Add the cooked rice as the base and top it with all the toppings. Add more/less of toppings to your preference!
SERVE WITH (OPTIONAL):
- Use roasted seaweed to create little diy hand rolls. Dip or top with soy sauce, wasabi, and ginger.