How to Make an Easy One Pot Jambalaya w/ Shrimp, Chicken, and Sausage
Let’s make a delicious Jambalaya!
This One-Pot Jambalaya makes for a delicious yet easy weeknight dinner! Just throw everything in one pot! It’s hearty with shrimp, chicken, and andouille sausage and full of flavor from Cajun/Creole spices!
This One Pot Jambalaya recipe was the first recipe I ever shared! I posted it in my Instagram highlights. The photography wasn’t the greatest, included no measurements, and it got maybe a hundred views. But I didn’t care, I just wanted to share my love for cooking, the recipes I’ve learned, and have a way to keep track of it all.
Now I have 50+ recipes in my Instagram highlights and working on moving them over to this website! I still have a lot to learn about cooking and sharing recipes, but nothing gets me more excited than when someone shares a photo of a recipe of mine that they’ve made!
Jambalaya is one of my favorite things to make and eat. I love that it only requires one pot which minimizes dishes and saves time for those busy weekdays. It’s hearty, full of shrimp, andouille sausage, and chicken. But most importantly, it doesn’t lack on flavor.
The Key Ingredients
I typically am on the team “use what you have” but I feel pretty strongly about a couple of items in this ingredient list. It’s super important to use a good andouille sausage because it helps flavor the dish. My favorite is from Zummo’s or Beaumont Boudin Co. If you live in Austin, Zummo’s can be found at Fiesta and Beaumont Boudin Co can be found at HEB.
The other key ingredient is Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning. It’s like an all-in-one Cajun/Creole seasoning salt. It’s easy and saves you time from making a blend from scratch. This recipe is always a hit when I make it so hope you enjoy it too!
Feel free to leave me a comment below or DM me on Instagram if you have any questions!
Did you make this recipe? I would love to see! Tag me on Instagram @feedmi_
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 link andouille sausage
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 celery sticks
- ⅓ onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 ½ cups rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbs Tony Chachere's creole seasoning
- 1 tbs chicken bouillon
- ½ tbs Worcestershire sauce
- green onions
- Mince garlic and chop celery, onions, green bell peppers, and tomatoes.
- Slice andouille sausage and cut chicken breast into bite size pieces. Brown on medium-high heat then remove from pan and set aside once cooked.
- In the same pot on medium heat, cook the garlic, onions, bell pepper, and celery until soft. Then add tomatoes.
- Add rice and water, then mix it all together.
- Add the cooked meats back in and mix.
- Add in all the seasonings and mix. Taste test and adjust as needed.
- Simmer covered for about 25 minutes until rice is mostly cooked.
- Add shrimp, mix, and cook for about 15 more minutes until the shrimp is pink.
- Garnish with green onions, parsley, and lime.