Sushi Bowl: Easy, Colorful, and Requires No Stove
I could eat this sushi bowl every day and not get tired of it. Super easy to make and requires no stove! Although I must admit, it usually never looks this pretty. I typically just throw smoked salmon and whatever veggies I feel like cutting up into a bowl over rice. It satisfies my sushi craving every time without the hefty price tag of a restaurant or technical skill of a sushi chef!
We bought a home at the end of 2020 and did some major kitchen renovations before moving in which meant lots of long days and late nights with no working stove. I basically lived off of this Sushi Bowl for a couple months and am still not tired of them!
Build Your Own Bowl
White rice can be made in a rice cooker. Just plug into the wall, press cook, and it automatically shuts off when the rice is done. If you haven’t invested in a rice cooker yet, DO IT! It is so worth it! Instant microwaveable rice can also be used in a pinch. If you want to be extra fancy you can season the rice with some vinegar, sugar, and salt to make it like sushi rice but I personally prefer just plain white rice.
RELATED: Pitaya Smoothie Bowl
As far as toppings go, this recipe includes my favorites but really you can omit or add whatever your heart desires. My day to day Sushi Bowl is generally not this pretty but tastes just as good! I usually just throw smoked salmon and whatever veggies I feel like cutting up into a bowl of rice and call it a day. My absolute favorite thing to do is eat it with roasted seaweed paper and make my own little hand rolls. I do this whenever I get poké or chirashi bowls for takeout too! It takes it to the next level for me so roasted seaweed is definitely a pantry stable of mine.
RELATED: One Pot Jambalaya
My Favorite Brands for this Recipe
- Smoked Salmon | Kirkland Signature from Costco | link
- Imitation Crab | Great Catch from HEB | link
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning | Trader Joe’s | link
Did you make this recipe? I would love to see! Tag me on Instagram @feedmi_
- rice cooker
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 10 bite-sized slices of smoked salmon
- 3 sticks of imitation crab
- 1 tbs mayo
- ¼ tbs sriracha
- 1 carrot
- 10 slices of cucumber
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup seaweed salad
- ¼ tsp everything but the bagel seasoning or sesame seeds
- 1 green onion
SERVE WITH (OPTIONAL):
- roasted seaweed paper
- soy sauce
- Add 1 cup rice and 2 cups water into a rice cooker. Press cook.
- Thinly slice carrot, cucumber, and green onion
- Chop and shred imitation crab sticks
- In a bowl combine crab, mayo, and sriracha. Adjust to taste.
- Cut avocado in half and thinly slice. Push the slices into a straight line and carefully shape into a circle to create an avocado flower.
BUILD THE BOWL
- Add the cooked rice as the base and top it with all the toppings. Add more/less of toppings to your preference!
SERVE WITH (OPTIONAL):
- Use roasted seaweed to create little diy hand rolls. Dip or top with soy sauce, wasabi, and ginger.